Counselling is creating an environment in which a person can be helped to help himself to overcome the difficulty that lead him to seek assistance. It not only helps an individual to deal with his problems, but also enables him to cope and adapt to his life situations effectively.
Personal counseling can benefit an individual in following ways:
- Improving well being
- Alleviate distress and maladjustment
- Resolve crisis situations
- Enhance self confidence and resilience
- Improved ability to function in personal and professional life
- Improved interpersonal relationships