Effective study habits act as catalysts in converting good study material, an individual’s aptitude and environmental resources to academic success. Effective study habits include reading habits, learning techniques, memory, time schedule, physical conditions, etc.
Assessment and improvement of an individual’s study habits is essential for utilisation of the academic potential as well as for full scholastic achievement.
Advantages of study habits assessment:
- Better insights into ones study habits
- Identifying areas of improvement
- Providing inputs to teachers and parents in guiding the pupils
- Optimal utilization of time and energy
- Identifying learning disabilities